Alhosn is the official UAE app for health testing related to COVID-19. It provides you with access to test results and notifies you if you have contacted confirmed cases of COVID-19. Using a health colour coding system, Alhosn will help identify and allow those free from COVID-19 to go to public spaces and workplaces. By using the app, you can help stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep your family, friends, and colleagues safe.
The app will help you to:
- Protect yourself: Alhosn helps you check your health status anytime, anywhere.
- Protect your loved ones: By adding your family members, you have a clear awareness of their status.
- Protect your community: Alhosn makes it easier to prevent the spread of Covid-19, protecting the wider community.
Everyone in the UAE should use the Alhosn app. The effectiveness of the app is based on nationwide use to ensure everyone is protected. In simple terms, the more people use the app, the safer everyone will be.
The Alhosn health coding system involves the generation of a unique personal QR code and a colour-coding system that determines the status of your health in relation to COVID-19. The colours represent the following:
- Grey: indicates you have no test results that are currently available
- Green: indicates you have been tested and you are healthy. This could grant you access to public places in the future.
- Red: indicates your most recent test returned positive and you must seek the advice of the local health authority.